Blood & Marrow Drives
Each day, across this country, lives are saved by available blood products. From time to time, the Society will help sponsor blood and marrow drives to assist in the recruitment of donors and to explain the ease at which one can participate.
Do you know of someone living with CML or other blood related disorder? Follow the links below for more information on being a blood or plasma donor, or hosting a drive.
- American Red Cross - Give Blood
- America's Blood Centers
- Blood Bank Locator (Worldwide) - Does not include "mobile" drives
- Hosting a Blood Drive - How To (from the American Red Cross)
- Locate a Local Blood Drive
- United Blood Services
For more information on becoming a marrow donor, or on hosting a marrow drive, click the links below.
- American Bone Marrow Donor Registry
- Cancer's Reality
- DKMS - Where Leukemia Meets its Match
- Gift of Life Bone Marrow Foundation
- National Marrow Donor Program - Be the Match®
Have questions about what's involved in being a donor or how a bone marrow transplant works?
- Be the Match® Donation FAQs
- Bone Marrow Transplants - How They Work
- Mayo Clinic's Outline on the Procedure
Contemplating a transplant or want to talk with an actual marrow donor? Let us know. We have individuals that are happy to share their experiences and answer any questions you may have. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clicking the links above will open an additional window and provide access to websites outside the control of the National CML Society. These sites have their own unique Terms of Service and Privacy Policies. Although the NCMLS monitors these sites occasionally, we are not responsible for errors or omissions that might occur on these sites.